There are a few things I love about these peanut butter banana chia seed energy balls – and energy balls in general. They are simple and quick to make, they use up a lot of different subscription box ingredients, you can change up the flavor combinations and they are super healthy! I really can’t say enough about this healthy snack.
You can really tailor these energy balls to your particular tastes. You could trade the bananas with dates or forgo them altogether. I also recommend experimenting with different protein powders or raw meal powders. I’ve made these with my Chocolate Peanut Butter protein powder in the past – oh my gosh they were good! I personally prefer to use a raw meal because they are full of nutrients to make these chia seed balls that much better for you.
In this particular recipe, I decided to use my Juvo Slimming Raw Meal from my Vegan Presence box. I also used the Salba chia seeds from my Bestowed box, the Guerilla Beekeepers Honey from my Orange Glad box and the Justin’s Peanut Butter from my grEAT Kids Snack Box. I told you there were a lot of subscription box ingredients in this recipe!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons protein powder*
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds*
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar)*
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter*
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash the banana with a fork. I prefer to heat up the banana slightly because it brings out the flavor and makes it even easier to mash.
- Mix in the honey, peanut butter, cinnamon and protein powder.
- Add in the chia seeds.
- Slowly mix in the oats.
- Scoop out the mixture one tablespoon at a time and roll into balls.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
*Subscription box ingredient
**Best if stored in the freezer in an air-tight container